Sunday, September 16, 2007

Joining the "You Comment, I Follow" Movement

Yes, I'm joining, so that's why I have one of the cool logos!

What it is, for those unfamiliar, is that I've edited my blog layout to remove the No Follow tags, so that search engines will follow links in the comments that are left here by the readers. I highly encourage comments and I welcome linkbacks to your blogs or websites. If its relevant, it can do nothing but share more information and add to the resources I like to provide. If its spam, then I will of course remove it. I don't see it being a problem unless I get bombarded and I would have to switch to moderation, which I really don't like to do, so lets hope it leads to good things.

To learn more, and have it explained much better than I could, please click here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see more and more DoFollow bloggers!

Now that you are a member of the movement why not drop by and join AndyBeard's NoNoFollow community on Bumpzee and meet like minded bloggers.

Massy Biagio said...

Hi, and excuse for my bad english language. I done the same thing you made it, in my GEMINILION Blog, but.. but I'm terrorised about what i read somewhere to the problems that Google makes to bloggers who makes that things. I have many blogs and I desallows comment only in Geminilion blog. I saw, for example the Blog that you link as sample: it's a very important Blog, but its Page rand is 0!!! What this mean? For me is easy: google penalised it!

Denise said...

Hi, Blogmaster! I want to tell you, don't get too hung up on Page Ranking, it has some significance, but in the bigger picture, it's just another thing for us to needlessly stress over. PR is only part of the equation, and I admit, I don't completely understand it myself yet, but I know you can get different results depending on where you pull and when. If you carefully mind your keywords, content, and promotion, your site will show up favorably in the search results. Regarding the Randa Clay site - if you type in the name Randa Clay, you will see the site dominates the results page because of its unique name, but when I put it through Good Keywords (http://www.goodkeywords.com), it has a PR of 5.

I wouldn't fret about Google penalization just yet - but I will do some more research on this and see if that is a valid concern.

Any other insight is definitely welcomed - and thank you, BlogMaster, for this discussion.


Thanks to thecaymanhost for the link! I will be over soon to check out Andy Beard's site!

Anonymous said...

You're right saying and describing the dofollow movement, and it works for newly established blogs, but just imagine where one gets about 100 spam comments daily. I can manage deleting spams on my new blog but one where I get about 100 spam comments daily cannot afford conversion. Yes, if Akismet is there than probably it can be a solution.

Unknown said...

Nice move. I think you might be better of with a 3 Column Blogger Theme. Why don't you try that???